Saturday, May 16, 2009

Capsicums like painting - May 2009


They are just about to get out to the garden, so I made last windowsill report.
So far Red Rocoto is my biggest dissapointment - first, they were very long to germinate, then from 10 black seeds only 3 sprouted, then ony 1 have survived. As you can see on the picture it is very small at the day 70 from date of sowing.

I do not have previous experince with C. pubescens, I kno that they are late to grow and also best to overwinter. I looked for the seeds in many places. Finally got them from Hungary. Internet wonderful thing!

See the difference in Cayenne size? It became available in 2 different sizes, even if it is at the same age. Maybe soil caused it? In few days I will plant them in new soil, outside in the pots.

2 comments:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

your plants look very healthy. The way you present them is like a school assignment, charts and notes. Now memories flashing back!!

~ bangchik

Sandy W said...

nice pix, very good visual aid :) Looking forward to hear more about them after they get out to the garden.